RESEARCH ASSOCIATE | PART-TIME
Strategic Partnerships, Inc. (SPI) is a full-service, public-sector focused, consulting and research firm based in Austin, Texas. SPI specializes in government procurement consulting, governmental affairs services, and customized research. SPI is recognized as a pioneer in the business of partnering public and private entities for commercial purposes. To learn more about SPI, please visit www.spartnerships.com.
SPI is seeking one or more qualified candidates to perform qualitative business research in support of our client teams, internal needs, and ad hoc research clients.
- Conduct phone surveys and collect data, using methods such as interviews, questionnaires, and market analysis surveys
- Compile background information on public entities
- Identify and track public sources of funding
- Respond to inquiries from clients and SPI staff by researching and analyzing data and converting it into meaningful and responsive information
- Review public sector entity budgets, plans, and other publications to glean pertinent information for SPI clients
- Create market and competitor analysis for clients
- Gather, compile, and synthesize business intelligence needed to support the Client Account Teams in fulfilling client obligations. Examples:
- Business development opportunities
- Political landscape
- Legislation changes
- Perform business development functions for clients; identify potential projects and begin to qualify them for clients
- Deliver information found to the Client Account Team and prepare tables, charts, reports, and presentations for client delivery
- Be an active member of the team; contribute ideas for helping grow the client’s public sector business
- Respond to research requests from clients and SPI staff in a timely manner
- Perform all other duties as assigned
PREFERRED TRAITS AND EDUCATION
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university
- Experience and understanding of public sector processes and structure.
- Proven telephone skills; exceptional cold calling
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to identify and execute process improvements
- Demonstrated commitment to high quality client service interactions and consistent quality outputs – at least two to three years of client service experience
- Ability to solve logistical-related issues and address client issues on a pro-active basis
- Proven written and oral communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to effectively handle multiple tasks
- Strong interpersonal, organization and time-management skills
- Solid web-based and computer skills, particularly internet searches and MS Office
HOW TO APPLY
Please e-mail a brief cover letter describing your interest in the position and resume to email@example.com. In the subject field of your email, please write Application for Research Associate – Part-Time.