Voters pass $107M bond for Missouri district’s construction projects
A freshman wing addition at Blue Springs High School (BSHS) is a major project that will receive bond funding with the success of the election. The district is nearing completion on designs for the addition that will house incoming freshmen beginning in fall 2023. Construction is anticipated to begin in late 2021.
- Continue plans to create a Career and Innovation Center to benefit all district students in grades 9-12 at the current BSHS Freshman Campus.
- Replace roofs and HVAC units throughout the district.
- Build a multipurpose room at Franklin Smith Elementary to withstand an EF5 tornado, the last remaining elementary school without one.
- Add classrooms at several elementary schools.
- Upgrade kitchens at various campuses.
- Expand driveways and parking lots.
- Add a tennis court at BSHS so that both high schools have five total.
- Complete updates to the BSHS Aquatic Center.
- Resurface middle school tracks.