Kentucky’s higher education facilities to get state funding boost
Beshear is advocating an investment of funds, including agency bonds as well as third-party donations, for new construction of 19 new university capital projects that include:
- University of Kentucky constructing a new $380 million health education building and improving the Funkhouser Building for $120 million.
- University of Louisville building a new College of Business for $120 million and adding on to its Speed Engineering School for $75 million.
- Morehead State University building a new $98 million science and engineering building.
- Eastern Kentucky University constructing a new $90 million Model Laboratory School.
- Northern Kentucky University expanding Herrmann Natural Science Center for $84.9 million.
- Western Kentucky University constructing a new $74.4 million Gordon Ford College of Business.
- Kentucky Community & Technical College System (KCTCS) renovating and/or replacing buildings in Elizabethtown, Jefferson County, and Somerset for $45 million.
- Murray State University renovating classrooms and offices to support science and nursing curriculum for $25.17 million.