Boston Public Schools building on $1B capital improvement plan
District officials created the plan in 2018 to address aging facilities, many of which are more than 50 years old. The CIP for fiscal year 2022 includes $78 million in capital improvements and districtwide initiatives and the introduction of a prioritized list of all school buildings by October 2022.
- Dorchester – Pre-K-6, which is in site and school selection.
- Roxbury – Pre-K-6, which is in site and school selection.
- East Boston expansion, which is currently in design.
- Horace Mann School for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing, which is in state review.
- Allston-Brighton – Pre-K-6, which is in state review.