Boise State unveils updates to Athletics Master Village
Idaho – Boise State unveiled its newest plans for the Athletics Master Village in April 2022. The updated details included the north end zone of Albertsons Stadium and renovations to ExtraMile Arena. The update also includes the department’s initial project-based cost analysis for the Athletics Master Village, totaling more than $300 million in future projects, highlighted by $129.4 million in plans for Albertsons Stadium.
In the north end zone of Albertsons Stadium, the $36.1 million vision for the facility to be constructed at field level will support an enhanced premium club experience on game day and a year-round dining program for student-athletes. The project includes 10 field-level suites, loge seating, premium club seating, and a 360-degree concourse for fans. In total, Albertsons Stadium projects are currently estimated at $129.4 million.
ExtraMile Arena updates include expanding the performance and training capabilities for men’s and women’s basketball. An expansion of the Arguinchona Basketball Complex will add coaches’ offices and a weight room alongside the existing practice gym. The $19.4 million project will bring accommodations for two premium club spaces, a dedicated premium entrance and enhanced mezzanine, loge, and club seating.
Bronco fans and athletes may not see the full remodel on campus for another five to 10 years. With a large amount of work to be done in order to complete the project, each individual section of this plan requires extensive fundraising. Some of the rough estimates include the following for the plan:
- Heart of the Operation – New Varsity Center, $48.3 million.
- Albertsons Stadium – East & North Stadium Renovations, $81.1 million.
- Arguinchona Basketball Complex, $5.5 million.
- ExtraMile Arena, $13.9 million.
- Olympic Sports Arena, $100.3 million.
- Indoor Tennis Complex, $19.3 million.
- BOAS Soccer Complex & Future Soccer Complex, $14.2 million.
- Centralized Football Operations Complex & Upgrades, $6.19 million.
- Dona Larsen Park, $6.5 million.
- Beach Volleyball, $1.4 million.