Transit administration awards $891M to infrastructure projects
The Valley Metro South Central Light Rail extension from downtown Phoenix to the South Mountain Village Core will benefit from $100 million in FTA grant monies. The project also calls for the construction of nine additional stations.
Lake County, Indiana is set to receive $100 million for the south shore extension of its West Lake Corridor Commuter Rail System.
Smaller projects receiving funding are:
- Miami-Dade County, Florida – South Corridor Rapid Transit Project – $99.99 million;
- Portland, Oregon – Max Red Line Extension and Reliability Improvements – $99.99 million;
- Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania – Downtown-Uptown-Oakland-East End Bus Rapid Transit Project – $99.95 million;
- Indianapolis, Indiana – IndyGo Purple Rapid Transit Line – $77.5 million;
- Ogden, Utah – Ogden-Weber State University Bus Rapid Transit Project – $64.5 million;
- Albany, New Work – Washington/Western Bus Rapid Transit Project – $60.9 million;
- Milwaukee, Wisconsin – East-West Bus Rapid Transit Project – $40.94 million;
- Vancouver, Washington – Mill Plain Bus Rapid Transit Project – $24.9 million; and,
- St. Petersburg, Florida – Central Avenue Bus Rapid Transit Project – $21.8 million.