Redondo Beach preparing RFP for waterfront redevelopment
Councilmembers have made the revitalization of the waterfront a key strategic priority for many years to reverse the trend of piecemeal development that has led to advancing age and deteriorating conditions of public amenities on the waterfront that have or are reaching the end of their useful life.
- Enhancements to the waterfront promenade that connects Mole C to the Horseshoe Pier including, any structural upgrades, additional facilities, aesthetic improvements, and possible reconfiguration of Basin 3 boat slip layout.
- The location and design of the public boat launch facility and required support parking.
- The future use, design, and lay-out of Seaside Lagoon, including its use as a public event space.
- The location and programmatic elements of a replacement Sportfishing Pier, if any.
- Consideration of large public events that may take place within the plan footprint, such as music concerts, 5K runs, sport tournaments, and other similar events.
- The location and design of a dinghy dock to serve the harbor mooring field.
- Upgrades to the city’s existing personal watercraft hand launching facility, including the consideration of a zero-depth launch option.
- Consideration of additional amenities, educational features, visitor attractions, and public art.