Oklahoma approves $6B highway plan for road, bridge projects
The Federal Fiscal Year (FFY) 2021-2028 Eight-year Construction Work Plan programs 1,350 construction and safety projects for the next eight years.
- The advancement to the timeline of an estimated $7 million project for Interstate 35 pavement rehabilitation between Interstate 44 and John Kilpatrick Turnpike in Oklahoma City to FFY2021.
- Operational improvements on I-35 between S. 19th and S.W. 34th St. in Moore, for an estimated $1 million in FFY 2023.
- An additional Work Package for improvements at the I-44/US-75 interchange in Tulsa for FFY 2028 for an estimated $30 million.
- 96th North bridge improvements over US-169 in Owasso for an estimated $10 million in FFY 2026.
- Beckham County – Estimated $10 million project for shoulders and improvements to SH-6 between SH-152 and US-283 north of Sayre in FFY 2028.
- Grady County – Adding paved shoulders to SH-4 between I-44/HE Bailey Turnpike and SH-37 near Bridge Creek, estimated $9 million project in FFY 2028.
- Kay County – Estimated $9 million pavement rehabilitation on I-35 from US-177 north to Kansas state line, advanced to FFY 2026.
- McCurtain County – An estimated $1 million project on US-259 for intersection improvements between Broken Bow and Hochatown, FFY 2024.
- Ottawa County – Widening and resurfacing SH-137 between US-60 and SH-10 in FFY 2028, $12 million estimate.