North Texas water district embarks on 2nd phase of Bois d’Arc Lake Program
NTMWD will host a mandatory pre-bid meeting at 1 p.m. February 15 for a construction manager at risk (CMAR) on the project that will consist of:
- A second 70 million gallons per day (MGD) phase of the Leonard Water Treatment Plant for a total capacity of 140 MGD.
- Expansion of the Bois d’ Arc Lake (BDL) Raw Water Pump Station (RWPS) located downstream of the BDL dam embankment, between the dam and the service spillway.
- A new High Service Pump Station – South (HSPS-S) in addition to expansion of the High Service Pump Station – North (HSPS-N) which is currently under construction.
- Addition of a second cell of 210 million-gallon capacity at the Terminal Storage Reservoir at the Leonard plant site.
- Bois d’Arc Lake is the first new major reservoir in Texas in nearly 30 years. The 16,641-acre lake will be located northeast of the city of Bonham in Fannin County.