Navy gathering information for Camp Pendleton P3 project
Marine Corps Base Camp Pendleton is evaluating the feasibility of hosting private development on underutilized, non-excess land. Multiple prospective sites have been identified as potentially suitable for development via public-private partnerships (P3s).
- Energy generation, transmission, and storage.
- Microgrid configurations, technologies, and controls.
- Water desalination, drought mitigation, Indirect Potable Reuse, stormwater management, brine/wastewater treatment, purification, and distribution.
- Reuse or alternative use of decommissioned energy infrastructure.
- High-speed fiber communications.
- Data centers.
- Residential, commercial, or industrial purposes.
- Long-term value stream to Camp Pendleton via up-front capital investment, ground lease payments, cash and/or in-kind consideration.
- Transformational infrastructure that secures energy and water resilience for the installation and the broader Southern California region.
- Compatibility with continued installation mission requirements.
- Relocation of Navy facilities as necessary.
- Compliance with environmental regulations affecting viability of project.
- Long-term ground leasing with responsible party(ies) who will provide good-stewardship over the property.