Houston METRO announces details of $7.5B Moving Forward project list
The METRONext projects are expected to generate more than 100 prime contracting opportunities along with hundreds of additional opportunities for smaller business providers.
- METRORapid – $3.23 billion to establish five new bus rapid transit corridors;
- METRORail – $2.10 billion for 16 miles in extensions of four lines and one partnership project;
- Regional Express – $1.56 billion to add about 110 miles of new or improve high-occupancy vehicle lanes and park and ride services;
- BOOST and Signature – $179 million in bus stop improvements on 17 lines; and,
- System enhancements – $414 million for 21 new or improved park and ride centers and transit centers, 10 community connectors, a bus operating facility, and other improvements.